vetti ideas
As I am so is my blog!!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Mile Sur Mera Tumhara
"Mile sur mera tumhara..tho sur banae hamara"-- does this line ring bells..This is a national integraton song that used to be played in doordarshan very many years back.
I used to love this song a lot because it covered almost all geographical regions in the visuals and was made up of all the major languages in India..THE SONG WAS TRULY AN INTEGRATION of what India is.
But for the past few years, the song is not been played and the new generation has been missing out on this wonderful song set in pre-IT India(I framed tat phrase)..What I mean to say is, we are not able to see how India was prior to all this pollution, buildings and all the glitz...The simplicity with which the diversity of what our country is, potrayed in this song always left me awe struck.

Recently there was a tv show on this song and in the show they showed the various adaptations of it.Of this I liked the one by a few students of MIT...The whole song has been done within the MIT campus and it spreads the word that the whole world is family..GLOBAL INTEGRATION...
here is the link..you too enjoy it!!
Mile sur mera tumhara..
Its a beautiful song and I feel that any adaptation of it will always be looked at with awe!!



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
posted by aparna @ 8/22/2006 11:55:00 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Harish said…

    It was an amazing song yaar. I was in Gujarat at that time and I was chosen to recite the Tamil part of the song in school....thanks for some nice reminders :-)

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger aparna said…

    @harish-> tats so cool..u were given a chance to b a part of the song and tat should have so wonderful..That song fills everyone with nice memories!

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Ramya said…

    hey super pick de.unmayave ippolaam dd la adha podrathe illa.ennu mudinja kettu vekkiren de.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Syam said…

    oh ya that was my favourite too...athuku artham purialanaa kooda oru maathiri ketka nalla irukum :-)

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger aparna said…

    @ramya-> I guess the air time has become too costly to be spent on the song I think

    @syam->Ya agree with u certain languages were not understandable..but the song proved its point!!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's the original video (courtesy YouTube)

    http://www.muralikrishnan.net/blog/2006/09/02/mile-sur-mera-thumhara/

    Enjoy !

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: aparna
Home: Florida, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Add to Technorati Favorites


BLOGGER

This is what I am



Which HP Kid Are You?